Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Silly Words Of Everyone Else

"Daydream delusion, limousine eyelash / Oh baby with your pretty face / Drop a tear in my wineglass / Look at those big eyes / See what you mean to me / Sweet-cakes and milkshakes / I'm a delusion angel / I'm a fantasy parade / I want you to know what I think / Don't want you to guess anymore / You have no idea where I came from / We have no idea where we're going / Lodged in life / Like branches in a river/ Flowing downstream / Caught in the current / I carry you / You'll carry me / That's how it could be / Don't you know me? / Don't you know me by now?"

-Before Sunrise-

It's a silly movie, really. And I've only seen it once. But I have not, in the month or so that has followed, been able to stop thinking about it. It had just so much to say, and in such a memorable and poignant way. It's a rare song that does not only touch you for the fleeting moments after you hear it, but stays with you long after you can even remember the lyrics.

Isn't it silly the amount of time we spend dwelling on other people's words? But then, is it not equally silly how much apart of ourselves these words can become. And as I've begun to write them all down in what has become my most favorite Christmas gift to date, I find them coming together from all the various sources and times in my life to represent something of who I really am. Or at least wish I could be.

And they're just words... just the silly words of everyone else.

"I believe if there's any kind of God it wouldn't be in any of us, not you or me, but just this little space in between. If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something. I know, it's almost impossible to succeed but who cares, really? The answer must be in the attempt."
-Before Sunrise-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home