Saturday, September 01, 2007

Livin' The Dream

I walk into Kwik Trip on a mission to buy my old roommate a carton of cigarettes. They are apparently quite a bit more expensive in Chicago. (I end up dropping over $40 on 'em. If that's cheaper than what he usually pays... I sure am glad I'm not a smoker.)

I go to make my usual B-line to the beverage section, to snag the usual Cherry and Pomegranate SOBE LIFE WATER!!!

A middle aged man in a UPS uniform is standing near the doors, reading a poster hanging on the wall. One hand is in his pants pocket, and the other is holding a Kwik Trip hotdog, sans bun, which he casually snacks on.

"Howdy," he says to me.

"How's it goin'?" I ask.

"Oh, livin' the dream," he says and takes another bite of his dog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I quiggety quite like this one, very much

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home