Saturday, June 30, 2007

Midnight Run

Exercise has become easier as well as more frequent. One thanks due probably to the other.

It's colder tonight. I'm wearing my green senior shirt, one of the few tangible relics from last year's legacy. OH SIX, it screams. It's really freaking dumb.

My mind wanders off to a place I need not worry about it. Thoughts grow so repetitive and tiresome, to do without them is a relief. The moon is really bright. It has been for the past few nights.

Dogs bark at me. I ignore them.

Before I know it I've run farther than I ever have without stopping. And I mean run. And I mean far. None of this hobble-jogging around the block bullshit. As a fat guy, I'm finally beginning to get my act together.

(3 lbs fell off of me these last few days. I finally weigh less than I did before college. Feel free to give me a high five next time you see me.)

As I make my way around the block towards home stretch I pass a house with a light on at the ground level. A girl who went to my highschool lives there. Music that sounds either straight out of an early 1980's video game or a 'new-age indie alternative electronic post modern-funk' band's demo pokes its way through her window tickeling my ears until they bleed.

Without understanding why (my mind was still elsewhere) I slow down and walk up to peek through the blinds. The girl I know is on her bed. Some guy I don't is fucking her from behind.

He looks up at me and I wave.

The rest of the way home is a breeze, but my side is killing me as I hit the driveway.

1 Comments:

Blogger DJDangerRanger said...

At least the shirt was free right?

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home